Attending: Rick Helwig – Chairman, Tom Paul – Vice-Chairman, Bill Comisford -Secretary, and members of the Rosecrans HQ.
Lady Rachel (our Rachel Edwards) discussed the mourning rituals during the Civil War and put on quite a demo.
Chairman’s Report: Rick discuss the barn start-up. Finally, after most of the summer had disappeared. Goal is to get the entire barn enclosed before winter.
Vice-Chairman’s Report: Tom shared the activities of the horse parade and told us of Rachel’s trek in-mourning several years ago for 2 Delaware County soldiers.
Secretary’s Report: Bill thanked Polly for fill-in over the past several months. Minutes were on the website prior to the meeting. Minutes were approved and accepted.
Treasurer’s Report: Henry not present. No report.
Past Events: A discussion on past events:
Activities: The following activities were discussed:
· October 2, Heritage Day, Myers Inn.
· October 8, Herb Center, Gahanna.
· October 15, Dinner Theater, Myers Inn.
· November 12, Dinner Theater, Autumn Lakes Campground.
· December 10, Dinner Theater, Myers Inn.
· November 11, Veteran’s Day, Encampment 9:00 – 1:00.
Ladies Aid Society: No report.
Fund Raising: Tom working on getting the rock to the Square. Getting a quote for the footers and foundation. Need 2,700 bricks. Getting a quote for around $10 - $12 a brick delivered and placed (Jerry Fisher and Red Gendra).
Knights of Columbus to give a donation.
New Business: Chuck Grapes the new membership coordinator for the Unit.
Tom discussed the up-coming “Sunbury Film Company” – underground railroad, Light of Freedom. Working with Bob Minton, Army of the Ohio.
Demos and Public Presentations: The following is the schedule of upcoming Living History Presentations:
· November Meeting: Kate Cook, Christmas Hymns
· December Meeting; No presentation
· January Meeting: Re-enactment recap
· February Meeting: Hannah Griffith, Florina Budwin
· March Meeting: Steve Cook, Journalism during the Civil War
· April Meeting:
· May Meeting: Payton Seats, Telegraph during the Civil War
Dues notices were mailed out. Unit forms need to be completed and returned to Rick.
Next meeting was set for Thursday, October 27st at the community hall. Bring a friend!
Meeting was adjourned.
W. D. Comisford
|Return to Index of Minutes||