Attending: Rick Helwig – Chairman, Tom Paul – Vice-Chairman, Bill Comisford -Secretary, Henry Shaw - Treasurer. Various members of the HQs and several guests.
Chairman’s Report: Rick gave a re-enactment up-date and went through the schedule of events to be held.
Rick discussed the school days program. Nearly 900 students are scheduled to attend.
Rick discussed the various presentations: Stones River and Battle of Sunbury.
Vice-Chairman’s Report: Tom discussed food sales for the re-enactment (sack lunch option and chicken dinners).
Secretary’s Report: Bill indicated that the minutes of the March meeting were on the website. Secretary’s report was approved and accepted.
Treasurer’s Report: Henry Shaw gave a report on the status: HQ and Memorial accounts.
Ladies Aid Society: Liz discussed the “Sanitary Fair” to be held during the May Re-enactment and gave and update of the activities.
Activities: The following activities were discussed:
Up-coming campaign activities:
· May 30 -- Memorial Day, Myers Inn, Sunbury, Ohio
June 25 & 26 --
Reynoldsburg Civil War Days
· July 4th Independence Day, Myers Inn & Blacksmith's Shop, Sunbury, Ohio
· July 9-10 – Rich Mountain Re-enactment (HQ requested to participate in dinner theater presentation???)
· August 23rd – John Clem School dedication in Newark (Payton requested to participate)
Unit Impressions: Nothing.
Demos and Public Presentations: The following is the schedule of upcoming Living History Presentations:
· June Lt Col Granville Frambes – Chuck Grapes
· July Civilian & Military Blacksmiths – Rick Helwig
· October US Sanitary Fair – Liz Golowinski
Tom gave an update on the results of the Gala, approximately $1,800 cleared
Tom discussed the progress on the “bronze maquette” the sculptor is completing from the wax rendering for his display. Hope to have completed by the re-enactment in May.
Bill discussed the promotion of “Commemorative Bricks” to be sold and also t-shirts to raise funds. Hope to have to sell at the re-enactment.
Rick requested the completion of the “Emergency Forms” before we start attending summer re-enactments.
Next meeting was set for Thursday, May 26, 2011. Bring a friend!
Meeting was adjourned.
|Return to Index of Minutes||