Introductions were made by all members of the HQs and attending guests.
Monte gave a presentation on the 31st Illinois Volunteer Infantry, a unit with the Army of the Cumberland, commanded by William Starke Rosecrans. Good presentation.
Chairman’s Report: Rick read a couple of letters from the civil war.
Rick discussed the maximum events that the HQs would participate in for the 2011 season.
Vice-Chairman’s Report: No report.
Secretary’s Report: Bill indicated that the minutes of the February meeting were on the website. Secretary’s report was approved and accepted.
Treasurer’s Report: Henry Shaw gave a report on the status: HQ - $4,889 and Memorial - $4,105.
Re-enactment Committee. Plans are proceeding for the school days and the event.
Ladies Aid Society: Liz discussed the “Sanitary Fair” to be held during the May Re-enactment. Quilt work is progressing.
Suzanne Allen has set 4 p.m. May 26th to start marking the Civil War veterans in the Sunbury Memorial Park. Veterans’ Day cemetery event being organized by Suzanne.
Activities: The following activities were discussed:
Up-coming campaign activities:
· April 10th – Ohio Village Girl Scouts (Rick & Bob M to setup)
· April 28th - Big Walnut Chamber Open House (Inn to have a table, HQ to participate)
· May 20-22, 2011, Sunbury Re-enactment
· July 9-10 – Rich Mountain Re-enactment (HQ requested to participate in dinner theater presentation???)
· August 23rd – John Clem School dedication in Newark (Payton requested to participate)
Unit Impressions: Nothing.
Demos and Public Presentations: The following is the schedule of upcoming Living History Presentations:
· June Lt Col Granville Frambes – Chuck Grapes
· July Civilian & Military Blacksmiths – Rick Helwig
· October US Sanitary Fair – Liz Golowinski
Tom discussed the progress on the “bronze maquette” the sculptor is completing from the wax rendering for his display. Hope to have completed by the re-enactment in May.
Rick requested the completion of the “Emergency Forms” before we start attending summer re-enactments.
Next meeting was set for Thursday, April 28, 2011. Bring a friend!
Meeting was adjourned.
W. D. Comisford
|Return to Index of Minutes||