Attending: Rick Helwig – Chairman, Bill Comisford -Secretary, Henry Shaw – Treasurer, Polly Horn, Steve Ball, Valerie Hamill, Monte & Charlotte McGowen, Chuck Grapes, Suzanne Allen, Liz Golowenski, Rob, Kim & Payton Seats, and Barb Lesieur.
Henry gave a public presentation and brief history of the Grand Army of the Republic. It was very informative.
Chairman’s Report: Final numbers are in for the reenactment and other activities- the HQ did good!
Rick thanked all those participating in the Relay for Life Encampment (Bill, Rick, Tom & Linda, Monte, Valerie, Payton, & Kim, and Liz).
Memorial Day event went well.
Need to get application, dues and “Emergency Medical Forms” in as soon as possible. Would like to have in hand prior to Reynoldsburg Reenactment. Currently have 11 registered for Reynoldsburg.
Secretary’s Report: Bill discussed the minutes of the May meeting. Secretary’s report approved and accepted.
Treasurer’s Report: Henry Shaw gave the treasurer’s report. Treasurer’s report approved and accepted.
Finance/budget Committee. (Members Bill, Henry, Tom and Monte.) No meeting as of yet. One to be set prior to our next meeting of the HQ.
Ladies Aid Society: Rosecrans’ HQ dinner theater dates have been set (Oct 9, Nov 13, and Dec 13). Getting interest already. Moved and accepted to set the price for a ticket at $30 and try to get catered at $7/person.
Activities: The following activities were discussed:
· June 25-27, 2010, Reynoldsburg Civil War Reenactment
· July 5, 2010, Myers Inn and parade
· August 13-15, 2010, Hale Farm Reenactment
· August 23, 2010, School Dedication
· August 21 & 22, 2010, Harlem Twp Heritage Day Bicentennial.
· August 28 & 29, 2010, Three Rivers, Gahanna
· September 12, 2010, All-Horse Parade
· September 18-19, 2010, Centerburg
· May 20-22, 2011, Sunbury Reenactment
Rosecrans Memorial: Rick discussed the Channel 4 TV piece aired prior to Red, White, & Boom. Great promotion for our group.
Demos and Public Presentations: The following is the schedule of upcoming Living History Presentations:
· July Bill Comisford - Cavalry
· August Payton Seats - Johnny Clem
· September Hannah Griffith - Women Soldiers
· October Tom Paul - General William S. Rosecrans
· November Jeff Martin - Civilian Pastors during the Civil War
Next meeting was set for Thursday, July 29th. Bring a friend!
Meeting was adjourned.
|Return to Index of Minutes||