Attending: Rick Helwig – Chairman, Tom Paul – Vice-Chairman, Bill Comisford -Secretary, Henry Shaw – Treasurer, Polly Horn, Valerie Hamill, Linda Paul, Monte McGowen, Joe Heiberger, Bob & Nancy Mergel, Chuck Grape, Greg Williams, Bill Barr, Suzanne Allen, Liz Golowenski, Stephen & Kathlene Cook, Ken Herb, and Rob, Kim & Payton Seats.
Photos of the Sunbury Reenactment were shown before the regular meeting of the Rosecrans’ HQ.
Chairman’s Report: Discussion on the reenactment and move to make it an annual event. Lots of discussion. Valerie moved and Monte seconded that event be held annually. Votes 13 for, 4 against, motion carried. Details and date to be worked out.
Discussed the need to have a finance/budget committee. Bill moved and Henry seconded, motion carried. Volunteers for committee were Bill, Henry, Tom and Monte. Meeting to be set.
Need to get application, dues and “Emergency Medical Forms” in as soon as possible. Would like to have in hand prior to Reynoldsburg Reenactment.
Secretary’s Report: Bill discussed the minutes of the April meeting. Meeting was an informal meeting to prepare for the reenactment.
Treasurer’s Report: Henry Shaw gave the treasurer’s report. Treasurer’s report approved and accepted.
Ladies Aid Society: Relay for Life event and encampment. Volunteers for the flag ceremony – Valerie, Bill, Tom & Linda, Rick, Monte, Liz, and Kim & Payton.
Rosecrans’ HQ dinner theater dates have been set. Get interest already.
Activities: The following activities were discussed:
· May 31, 2010, Memorial Day on the Square
· June 4-5, 2010, Relay for Life
· June 25-27, 2010, Reynoldsburg Civil War Reenactment
· July 5, 2010, Myers Inn and parade
· August 13-15, 2010, Hale Farm Reenactment
· August ____, 2010, School Dedication
· August 21 & 22, 2010, Harlem Twp Heritage Day Bicentennial.
· September 18-19, 2010, Centerburg
Rosecrans Memorial: Tom discussed Channel 4 TV (LJ Richards) putting together a segment to be aired prior to Red, White, & Boom. Several filming opportunities coming up.
Demos and Public Presentations: The following is the schedule of upcoming Living History Presentations:
· June Henry Shaw - GAR / SUV
· July Tom Paul - General William S. Rosecrans
· August Payton Seats - Johnny Clem
· September Hannah Griffith - Women Soldiers
· October Civil War Medical
· November Civilian Pastors during the Civil War
Next meeting was set for Thursday, June 24th. Bring a friend!
Meeting was adjourned.
W. D. Comisford
|Return to Index of Minutes||