Prior to the meeting, Renee told the group about a Civil War Camp Life. A very good presentation.
Chairman’s Report: Rick indicated that General Rosecrans Elementary was at the top of the list. There is a Lancaster fundraiser for carriage for cannon. Ohio Civil War 150 website is up and going.
Secretary’s Report: Bill presented the minutes from the meeting of August 27, 2009. Minutes were approved and accepted.
Treasurer’s Report: Henry Shaw gave the treasurer’s report. There is $639 in the account, including $177 for the memorial fund. Report was approved and accepted.
Ladies Aid Society: No Report.
Activities: The following activities
Labor Day Weekend at the Myers Inn, Bill to set up a Cavalry Tack display and Rick will work on pegs for the barn
September 13, All-Horse Parade in Delaware, Tom, Bill, Bill Bar & Brit rode in the parade. Rick, Robert and Rachel Edwards walked and Linda rode in a wagon. No teams were available for the HQ wagons.
September 19-20, Centerburg Farm Festival, Rick, Tom and Valerie set up tents. Small arms demo. 10 members participated. Great time had by all. Received $100.
· October 3, Farmers Market.
· October 4, Heritage Day.
· October 17, Rosecrans’ Dinner Theater.
· November 28, Gahanna Christmas Parade.
· November 14. Rosecrans’ Dinner Theater
· December 12, Rosecrans’ Dinner Theater
· May 14-16, 2010, Sunbury Reenactment.
· August 21 & 22, 2010, Harlem Twp Heritage Day Bicentennial.
Unit Impression: Hannah discussed Hannah Elizabeth Smith. Again, we discussed the need for everyone to come up with their own individual impression (whether it be a soldier or a civilian).
Unit Flag: Bill reported on meeting with the Flag Lady. Flag by the end of September.
Rosecrans Memorial: Tom report on the progress of a memorial to General William S. Rosecrans. Artist on delay.
Reenactment – Fundraising Committee: Civil War dinners were discussed and planned, among other items.
Items for the reenactment raffle: (1) P53 Enfield Rifle. Raffle tickets - $180 collected. Tickets are $2/ticket or 3 tickets for $5.
Barn – Progressing, but slowly. Larry Roof to cut the timbers
Demos and Public Presentations: The following is the schedule of upcoming Living History Presentations:
· October Meeting: Department of the Ohio, Bill Comisford
· November Meeting; Civil War Christmas, Santa Claus
· January Meeting: Civil War Photography, Rick Helwig
· February Meeting: Engineers of the Civil War, Bob Mergel
· March Meeting: Watches and Time Pieces, Henry Shaw
Next meeting was set for Thursday, October 29th. Bring a friend!
Meeting was adjourned.
W. D. ComisfordSecretary, Rosecrans’ Headquarters
|Return to Index of Minutes||