Attending: Rick Helwig – Chairman, Bill Comisford -Secretary, Henry Shaw – Treasurer, Polly Horn, Valerie Hamill, Monte McGowen, Joe Heiberger, Mark Davis.
Prior to the meeting, Bill gave a presentation on the Department of the Ohio.
Chairman’s Report: Rick indicated that General Rosecrans Elementary was selected as the name for the new school.
Secretary’s Report: Bill presented the minutes from the meeting of September 24, 2009. Minutes were approved and accepted.
Treasurer’s Report: Henry Shaw gave the treasurer’s report. There is $1,032.90 in the general fund account and $848.00 in the memorial fund account. Report was approved and accepted.
Ladies Aid Society: Valerie reported on the October dinner theater. Great success.
Activities: The following activities were discussed:
· November 28th - Gahanna Christmas Parade.
· November 14th - Rosecrans’ Dinner Theater
· December 5th - Christmas on the Square
· December 12th - Rosecrans’ Dinner Theater
· January 30th – Statehouse Grande Ball
· May 14-16, 2010, Sunbury Reenactment.
· August 21 & 22, 2010, Harlem Twp Heritage Day Bicentennial.
Unit Flag: Bill reported we now have the Headquarter’s flag and it looks great.
Rosecrans Memorial: No report.
Reenactment – Fundraising Committee: Civil War dinners were discussed and planned, among other items. Discussed a “fireside chat” series of events for January 16, February 20, and March 20.
Items for the reenactment raffle: (1) P53 Enfield Rifle. Raffle tickets - $309 collected. Tickets are $2/ticket or 3 tickets for $5.
Barn – Barn raising to be put on hold till spring.
Demos and Public Presentations: The following is the schedule of upcoming Living History Presentations:
· November Meeting; Civil War Christmas, Santa Claus
· January Meeting: Civil War Photography, Rick Helwig
· February Meeting: Engineers of the Civil War, Bob Mergel
· March Meeting: Watches and Time Pieces, Henry Shaw
Next meeting was set for Thursday, January 28th. Bring a friend!
Meeting was adjourned.
W. D. Comisford
|Return to Index of Minutes||