Attending: Rick Helwig – Chairman, Tom Paul –
Vice Chairman, Bill Comisford -Secretary, Henry Shaw – Treasurer,
Polly Horn, John Beckley, Valerie Hamill, Hannah Griffith, Sue and
Geoff Dziura, Monty McGowen, Joe Heiberger, and Linda Paul.
Chairman’s Report: Rick introduced new members.
Secretary’s Report: Bill presented the minutes from the meeting of July 30, 2009. Minutes were approved and accepted.
Treasurer’s Report: Henry Shaw gave the treasurer’s report. There is $639 in the account, including $177 for the memorial fund. Report was approved and accepted.
Ladies Aid Society: No Report.
Activities: The following activities were discussed:
BW New School - Tom reported on the progress of naming the new BW school. Three names have been proposed: Miller Drive, Eagle, and General William S. Rosecrans. BWAHS has a letter going to the Board of Education recommending. It was decided the Headquarters would also send a letter. Rick had it drafted and ready for the officers to sign.
· Labor Day Weekend at the Myers Inn, Bill to set up a Cavalry Tack display and Rick will work on pegs for the barn.
· September 13, All-Horse Parade in Delaware, Tom, Bill and Bill Bar to ride in the parade. Working to get 2 teams to pull wagons.
· September 19-20, Centerburg Farm Festival, Rick and Tom setting up the Headquarters.
· October 3, Farmers Market
· October 4, Heritage Day
· November 28, Gahanna Christmas Parade.
· May 14-16, 2010, Sunbury Reenactment.
Unit Impression: Monty gave a short history of Private James McGown, 31st IL, Co D. On the medical staff, died in 1879. Again, we discussed the need for everyone to come up with their own individual impression (whether it be a soldier or a civilian).Unit Flag: Bill reported on meeting with the Flag Lady. Design work is in progress. Hoping to have the flag to do a flag presentation by the Ladies Aid Society at Heritage Days.
Rosecrans Memorial: Tom report on the progress of a memorial to General William S. Rosecrans. New school name in the works. Tom planning to go to the School Board meeting. Water color art work being prepared by Stanley Pierce. Donation of $500 received.
Reenactment – Fundraising Committee: Civil War dinners were discussed among other suggestions.
Items for the reenactment raffle: (1) P53 Enfield Rifle. Raffle tickets were distributed $2/ticket or 3 tickets for $5.
Demos and Public Presentations: The following is the schedule of upcoming Living History Presentations:
· August Meeting: Religion, John Beckley
· September Meeting: Camp Life, Renee McCroskey
· October Meeting: Department of the Ohio, Bill Comisford
· November Meeting; Civil War Christmas
· January Meeting: Civil War Photography
· February Meeting: Watches and Time Pieces
· March Meeting: Engineers of the Civil War
Next meeting was set for Thursday, September 24th. Bring a friend!
Meeting was adjourned.
W. D. Comisford
Secretary, Rosecrans’ Headquarters
|Return to Index of Minutes||